SPECIALIZED TURBO COMO 4.0 E-BIKE 650B - 2021
Whether you're heading out with the family for a weekend cruise, grabbing a baguette at the local bakery, or simply going off to work, the Turbo Como 4.0 with a Low-Entry design will get where you're going in stylish comfort.
Beginning with the integrated Specialized 1.2 motor, the Turbo Como proves itself as the ultimate city bike. The 1.2 motor features a silent operating design with our Custom Rx Street Tune that takes the output and makes it the most usable for an urban environment. Think of it this way: The more power you put out, the more power the motor puts out, and this makes accelerations from a standstill both quick and efficient. The belt driven motor is also smooth, silent, and free of annoying vibrations. And the max speed? 28mph.
For the Como 4.0, we developed a custom Specialized U1-500 battery that seamlessly integrates into the frame, is lockable, and easily removable for simplified charging. In other words, there's plenty of juice to take you to and from work, a trip to the grocery store, or even to that new café on the other side of the city. If you wish to see exactly how far you can go on a charge, have a look at our Turbo Range Calculator for more exact estimates.
The new Turbo Connect Display (TCD) is the best way to view data on your Turbo. It not only displays basic ride metrics (speed, cadence, power, battery level, and time), but it also lets you toggle between modes. Its design, meanwhile, is rugged and clean. As for the latest version of the Mission Control App, you’ll find that it now has more features and is even more intuitive to use. It lets you custom-tune nearly every aspect of the bike with ease, monitor your power usage, control your range, perform basic system diagnoses, and record/upload rides.
For this model, we included a low-entry design with our Ground Control Geometry that makes it easy to put a foot down at a stop sign, while also eliminating the struggle of getting on and off the bike. The agile 650b wheels, meanwhile, have also been paired with cushy 2.3-inch tires, so they can roll over most cracks, bumps, and holes with ease to ensure that nothing stands in your way on your path to a good time. And to top off all of these innovative features, we chose a worry-free spec. Along these lines, you'll find Shimano 10-speed components, powerful hydraulic disc brakes, front/rear lights, racks, and fenders.
- FRAME: E5 Aluminum, low-entry frame, bottom bracket motor mount, Ground Control Geometry, fully integrated & lockable down tube battery, internal cable routing, fender/rack mounts, Smooth Welds
- FORK: Turbo Como aluminum disc fork, 15x100mm thru-axle
- SEAT BINDER: Alloy, bolt-type, 34.9mm
- STEM: Specialized Flowset, 3D-forged alloy, 20-degree rise, 31.8mm clamp
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized, alloy, 30-degree backsweep, 26mm rise, 680mm width, 31.8mm
- GRIPS: Body Geometry Women's Contour
- SADDLE: Body Geometry "The Cup," 6-degree rise, elastomer base, steel rails, SWAT™ compatible mounts, 245mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized, alloy, 2-bolt, 12.5mm offset, 30.9mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 180mm
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano BR-MT200, hydraulic disc, 160mm
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Deore, Shadow Plus, GS cage, 10-speed
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Deore, RapidFire Plus, 10-speed w/ Optical Gear Display
- CASSETTE: Shimano Deore, 10spd, 11-42t
- CHAIN: KMC X10eT, 10-speed w/ Missing Link™
- CRANKSET: Custom alloy forged crankarms
- CHAINRINGS: 48T, custom alloy
- RIMS: 650b disc, double-wall alloy, pinned, 32h
- FRONT HUB: Specialized front hub disc, sealed bearings, 15x100mm thru-axle, 32h
- REAR HUB: Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 32h
- SPOKES: DT Swiss Industry
- FRONT TIRE: Nimbus II Sport Reflect, 60 TPI, 650b x 2.3"
- REAR TIRE: Nimbus II Sport Reflect, 60 TPI, 650b x 2.3"
- INNER TUBES: Schrader, 40mm valve
- MOTOR: Specialized 1.2, custom Rx Street-tuned motor, 250W nominal
- UI/REMOTE: Specialized TCD-W w/ handlebar remote & built-in anti-theft feature, Bluetooth® connectivity, 5 available display pages
- CHARGER: Custom charger, 42V4A w/ Rosenberger plug
- WIRING HARNESS: Custom Specialized harness
- BATTERY: Specialized U1-500, On/Off button, state of charge display, 500Wh
- PEDALS: Specialized Commuter w/ grip tape & reflectors
- KICKSTAND: Specialized kickstand, 40mm mount
- FENDERS: Specialized DRYTECH fenders, 65mm width, stainless steel fenderstays
- BELL: Simple bell
- CRANK LENGTH: 170mm: 170mm
- STEM LENGTH: 60mm: 60mm
- SEATPOST LENGTH: 400mm: 400mm
- SADDLE WIDTH: 245mm: 245mm
- HANDLEBAR WIDTH: 680mm: 680mm
- REACH: 329mm: 357mm
- TOP TUBE LENGTH, HORIZONTAL: 620mm: 660mm
- STACK: 685mm: 713mm
- WHEELBASE: 1102mm: 1142mm
- CHAINSTAY LENGTH: 485mm: 485mm
- BB DROP: 75mm: 75mm
- HEAD TUBE ANGLE: 68°: 68°
- SEAT TUBE ANGLE, ACTUAL: 68°: 68°
- SEAT TUBE LENGTH, CENTER TO TOP: 380mm: 480mm
- STANDOVER HEIGHT: 534mm: 526mm
- HEAD TUBE HEIGHT: 210mm: 240mm