TREK FUEL EX 7 BIKE - 2022
Fuel EX 7 shines when you're charging down tricky descents, where the upgraded suspension package comes in handy. A lightweight aluminum frame, tubeless ready wheels, and a reliable 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain make this an awesome all-around full suspension mountain bike.
It's right for you if...
You want one bike that's fun to ride on every trail, and you want upgraded parts, like a smoother DebonAir spring fork and a completely tubeless setup for less weight and more traction.
The tech you get
A light yet stiff alloy frame, a 140mm RockShox fork with a DebonAir spring for better small-bump compliance, and a FOX shock. A 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain with a wide gear range. Plus, Bontrager wheels with tubeless tires and a dropper post.
The final word
Fuel EX 7 is a great all-around trail bike for a wide variety of terrain. It has upgrades where it matters most, like the suspension, drivetrain, and tubeless ready Bontrager wheels.
- Active Braking Pivot: Active Braking Pivot allows our engineers to tune how the suspension reacts to acceleration and braking forces independently. That means you get more confident control when you need it most.
- Straight Shot w/Knock Block: Trek's Straight Shot frame design optimizes the stiffness-to-weight ratio for a more responsive ride. You'll be able to push harder and stay more planted on your line when the going gets rough.
- Complete Tubeless System: Tubeless Ready rims and tires make it easy to ditch the tubes so you get better traction, fewer flats, and less weight. You're ready to roll right out of the box with the included TLR rim strips, valves, and sealant.
- Mino Link Adjustable Geometry: Fine tune head tube angle by 1/2 degree and BB height by up to 10mm with the simple turn of a nut. Just flip the link to choose between slack or slacker geometry, without negatively affecting suspension performance. A Trek exclusive.
- Alpha Platinum Aluminum: Our premium lightweight aluminum is continuously cold extruded and butted at multiple points, and hydroformed into sophisticated tube shapes for maximum strength and minimum weight.
- Control Freak Cable Management: The lightest, quietest, most versatile cable management system allows any combination of shift, brake, lockout, and dropper post lines to be routed through the frame for clean looks and the ultimate custom setup.
- Boost148/110: Wider dropouts (110mm front, 148mm rear) give you the stiffness of a 27.5" wheel with all the benefits of a 29" wheel, and Boost148 in the rear lets you run wider tires and a larger chainring without affecting q-factor and pedaling efficiency.
- Frame: Alpha Platinum Aluminum, tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, downtube guard, ISCG 05, magnesium rocker link, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 130mm travel
- Fork: RockShox 35 Gold RL, DebonAir spring, Motion Control damper, lockout, tapered steerer, 44mm offset, Boost110, 15mm Maxle Stealth, 140mm travel
- Shock: Size: XS , S - Fox Performance Float EVOL, 3-position DPS damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210mm x 52.5mm. Size: S , M , ML , L , XL , XXL - Fox Performance Float EVOL, 3-position DPS damper, tuned by Trek Suspension Lab, 210mm x 55mm
- Max compatible fork travel: 150mm (561mm axle-to-crown)
- Wheel front: Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15mm thru axle
- Wheel rear: Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, Rapid Drive 54, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, Boost148, 12mm thru axle
- Skewer rear: Bontrager Switch thru axle, removable lever
- Rim: Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Boost110, 15mm thru axle
- Tire: Size: XS , S , M , ML , L , XL , XXL - Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 120tpi, 29.x2.40''. Size: XS , S - Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 27.5x2.60''. Size: S , M , ML , L , XL , XXL - Bontrager XR4 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewalls, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 29x2.60''
- Tire part: Bontrager TLR sealant, 6oz
- Rim strip: Bontrager TLR
- Max tire size: Frame: 29x2.60" Fork: See manufacturer
- Shifter: SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur: SRAM NX Eagle
- Crank: Size: XS , S , M , ML , L - SRAM NX Eagle, DUB, 30T steel ring, Boost (52mm chainline), 170mm length. Size: XL , XXL - SRAM NX Eagle, DUB, 30T steel ring, Boost (52mm chainline), 175mm length
- Bottom bracket: SRAM DUB, 92mm, PressFit
- Cassette: SRAM PG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
- Chain: SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Max chainring size: 34T
- Saddle: Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138mm width
- Seatpost: Size: XS , S - TranzX JD-YSP18, 100mm travel, internal routing, 31.6mm, 361mm length. Size: M , ML , L , XL , XXL - TranzX JD-YSP18, 150mm travel, internal routing, 31.6mm, 470mm length
- Handlebar: Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 750mm width
- Grips: Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Stem: Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm, Knock Block, 0 degree, 50mm length
- Headset: Knock Block Integrated, 58-degree radius, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8'' top, 1.5'' bottom
- Brake: Shimano hydraulic disc, MT4100 lever, MT410 caliper
- Brake rotor: Shimano RT56, 6-bolt, 180mm
- Weight: M - 31.92 lbs / 14.48 kg (with TLR sealant, no tubes)
- Weight limit: This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).