WINSTON AIR 2 FLY ROD
The next generation of all-around freshwater fly rods (3wt-6wt). These rods can do anything – present tiny dry flies to wary trout on flat water, cast a heavy streamer to the far bank in the wind, launch the entire line when you need it, and make quick, accurate close-range shots. From high stick nymphing, pounding the banks from the boat, or wet wading, the new AIR 2 is a pack rod, a travel rod, a beautiful rod, and an all-around rod. It’s the new Winston. When you can only bring one rod…the amazing new Boron AIR 2. You won’t want to leave home without it. Now is the time.
- A New taper design that provides a faster, progressive all-around action. Incredibly light yet powerful.
- Introducing S-2000, a next-generation high modulus graphite material for faster recovery speed and smoothness
- New Boron Configuration for enhanced power and energy transfer.
- New Winston-designed cigar grip for better “feel” through the casting stroke
- The Custom HSR (High Strain Rate) resin provides an even faster recovery rate that adds a modern feel, is more durable, and offers greater part strength and less weight.
- The new light wire shooting Snake Guides have a smaller profile with a new ECO slick coating and a Round Helix geometry that reduces line friction and produces added energy, accuracy, and distance management.
- WEIGHTS: 3 thru 6wt.
- ACTION: Fast
- SECTIONS: 4
- GUIDES: Light wire Hard Chrome ECO Slick Coating Shooting Guides
- REEL SEAT: Uplocking Nickel Silver with wood insert
- STORAGE: Premium graphite rod tube with logo rod sock